Installation Sheet: Crawl Space Insulation
This entry was posted on November 23, 2009.
There are many reasons to insulate crawlspaces with InfraStop® insulation. Using Foil Double Bubble InfraStop® reduces heat loss and keeps floors warmer. It also prevents condensation from causing mold and bacterial growth as well as prevents ground moisture from causing dry-rot. InfraStop® is an excellent vapor and radon barrier and deters insects and rodents from nesting.
Method #1: Between Joists:
- Do not use fibrous insulation between your floor joists.
- Using 16" wide rFoil Double Bubble Foil with Staple Tabs, staple the material between the joists, 2-4" beneath the sub-floor.
- Seal the ends using 3" wide tape.
- If the width of the joists are irregular, consider using a 36" or 48" roll of material and cutting to fit.
Method #2: Under Joists
- Staple InfraStop® Double Bubble Foil to the Ring Box Joist
- Run the InfraStop® along the underside of the joists, stapling to the joists every 4-6".
- Seal all of the seams using 3" wide reflective foil tape.